[NTG-context] EB Garamond works in TL2016 ConTeXt but not in latest ConTeXt

nyssus rocksolidbrassballs at gmail.com
Sun May 19 11:31:21 CEST 2019

In my source ConTeXt file I have the lines:

\usetypescriptfile[type-ebgaramond]
\setupbodyfont[ebgaramond,10pt]

ConTeXt from TL 2016 correctly formats the text in EB Garamond, as can
be shown by the prescence of

mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 2 files: ebgaramond12-regular.otf,
texgyrebonum-math.otf

whereas the latest ConTeXt gives:

fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'EBGaramond12-Regular'
is not found using lookup 'file'
fonts           > defining > unknown font 'EBGaramond12-Regular',
fonts           > defining > unable to define 'EBGaramond12-Regular' as
'ebgaramond-10pt-rm-tf-0--0'

and typesets the text with TeX Gyre Bonum Math. I have the EBGaramond
fonts installed, set the OSFONTDIR path in setuptex, etc. What exactly
is wrong here?