[NTG-context] Bibliography APS Style without unpublished

Alan Braslau braslau.list at comcast.net
Thu May 16 22:37:58 CEST 2019

On Thu, 16 May 2019 10:02:44 +0200
"Jan U. Hasecke" <juh+ntg-context at mailbox.org> wrote:

> But as I collect my internet citations with zotero I always get a
> urldate for all internet entries. I think that giving the urldate is
> better than insert a publication year as nobody knows how long a
> website was present and when it was published for the first time.
>
> Is it possible to insert something like "last accessed on the internet
> on YYYY-MM-DD" in that field automatically if no publication year is
> provided but a urldate?

urldate is a non-standard field that Zotero (and others) have added.
It is not handled by the revtex bibliography style that can be used as
the reference for the "APS" style.

The APA style guide suggests putting the author followed by the access
date, then the title, adding "Retrieved from" followed by the URL.

Internet citations, unless they correspond to a "preprint" on an
archived list server are questionable references anyways, which is why
the APS suggests using (unpublished).

--
Alan