[NTG-context] Questions on columnsetspan (and grids and backgrounds)

Mikael P. Sundqvist mickep at gmail.com
Sat May 11 10:28:56 CEST 2019

Hi,

I have for some hours tried to understand how to work with
columnsetspans (I'm trying with an updated lmtx), and have some
questions.

1) Is it only the floats that has the long list of placement options
(given on p. 18 in the columnsets manual), or should they also apply
to columnsetspans and columnsetareas? (I cannot get it to work with
"default=fxtb:2*10" and similar options for other elements than
floats). It would be useful to have it for other type of elements as
well.

2) What is the current correct way to get back on grid after formulas?
The only key that had lead me to something that seems to work in
\setupformulas is "option=depth". Is that the way to go?

3) This is a bit unrelated, but is it possible to set page backgrounds
on specific page. Something like \setupbackgrounds[page][page=3, ...]
(I cannot find any keys for this in setup-en.pdf). Right now I can set
it for an odd and an even page, but then if I want a background on the
page after that, I have to put that code at the place where it will be
used. (I got an error with \startpostponing[+1] ... \stoppostponing)

4) To be a bit more concrete on the first issue: In the example below,
how can I place the columnsetspan at the bottom right? Second and
third column, 10 lines down? I attach the result of running this file.

/Mikael

\setuplayout[grid=yes]
\showgrid
\definecolumnset[three][n=3]