[NTG-context] tex.month can't be overridden like tex.day and tex.year

Tristan Stenner ttstenner at gmail.com
Thu May 2 17:54:56 CEST 2019

Dear list,

in the following document I can set the date as seen by LuaTeX so the
date functions use a different date:

---
\starttext
\ctxlua{tex.year=1980; tex.month=1; tex.day=15}

% Taken from https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/date,
% outputs 15 may 1980
\date[m=1][day,~,{\monthshort\normalmonth},~,year]

% outputs January 15, 1980
\ctxlua{context.date{m=tex.month};}
\stoptext
---

This works for all parts of the date (even the weekday), except the
month. I've looked through the core-con.lua and found nothing that would
explain this (or what I'd need to change), as the tex.month is properly set.

Best regards
Tristan