[NTG-context] Unicode mathematics in ConTeXt

Hamid,Idris Idris.Hamid at ColoState.EDU
Wed May 1 22:58:06 CEST 2019

Dear gang,

I need to convert a document from TeX-style to Unicode mathematics. For
example:

\starttext
\def\ANTI{{^{\rm nt}}}
\def\CATCA{$\cal \bf C\ANTI$}

\CATCA
\stoptext

Issues:

1. I need calligraphic characters, but the relevant characters in
latinmodern-math.otf are not encoded in (standard) Unicode. The same goes
for the tex-gyre-math fonts.

2. What comprehensive unicode-math fonts do you recommend as an
alternative?

3. In the above example, \cal is used.

4. Other issues may arise, e.g., getting subscripts and superscripts
correct. How might one rewrite the above with Unicode mathematics in mind?
Is there a My Way or some other guide to Unicode mathematics in ConTeXt?

This writer has never had to think about this matter before so this is all
new ground to learn. Thank you in advance for any guidance.

Best wishes
Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid, Professor