[NTG-context] PDF output routine in lmtx

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Tue Apr 30 12:45:07 CEST 2019

> On 29. Apr 2019, at 11:46, Christian Prim <christian.prim at gmx.ch> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> in lmtx the pdf output routine has changed afaik. I just wanted to report, that in lmtx our printer/copier (Ricoh 8200S or Ricoh 8110S) doesn't print any character. A standard document as the MWE prints well under mkiv. Under lmtx, there is no output (blank sheet). In a document with a tikz-figure, the tikz-figure (without labels, as they are text) is printed. Something with text output must have changed, that makes it incompatible with the copier at our school. I tried to print with different drivers and also used the printers interface (direct print via usb-stick). No success. Are they some flags I can play with (like other pdf-version or so) to find a solution to this problem? This "bug" prevents me to use lmtx at out school.
>
> MWE:
>
> \starttext
> That is a test.
> \stoptext
>
> Of course there is no problem with the preview and the output works on a HP-Printer.

I have no solution, unfortunately, but I can add that I see similar problems. In my case, the printer is a HP LaserJet 1320. The page looks perfectly fine on screen; when I print it out, several Greek letters are replaced by questions marks in a small rectangular box. When I compile the same file with regular context mkiv, everything is printed as intended. So I’m at a loss…

Thomas