[NTG-context] suggestion for LMTX

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 27 13:15:16 CEST 2019

On 4/27/2019 12:22 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> compiling the following sample with LMTX
>
>      \starttext
>      \contextmark
>
>      \contextbanner
>      \stoptext
>
> outputs MKIV.
>
> Wouldn’t LMTX be a better option than LMTX?

Why? Although there are some fundamental differences deep down, the LMTX
version has the MKIV functionality. There might be a point where we bind
a frozen version of MKIV to LuaTeX, but only when the code base becomes
too hybrid to my taste. Of course there will be functionality only
available when you use LMTX, but that is something Wolfgang and I need
to figure out wrr the interface specification. Also, Alan and I need to
deal with in the MetaFun code and documentation. At some point Taco and
Mojca might want granularity in the Wiki. We'll see. I have no clue when
users will have switched to lmtx for production anyway, as it's not
something we want to enforce. (fwfw: I run lmtx by default.)