[NTG-context] calling up chapter title

Wolfgang Schuster wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 13:03:08 CEST 2019

Hans van der Meer schrieb am 26.04.2019 um 12:21:
> This does not what I have in mind:
> \setupheadertexts[text][chapter][\pagenumber chapter][pagenumber][chapter]
>
> Instead of [\pagenumber chapter] I thought [\pagenumber \chapter]
> would give me in the header both the pagenumber and the recorded
> chapter title.
> However \chapter turns out to be undefined, neither did \chaptertitle.
> What is the macro to be called?

I doubt \chapter is undefined otherwise you can add a chapter title to
your document.

What you're looking for is the \getmarking marking which is used to
access section
titles and number in the header and footer lines, e.g.

\setupheadertexts
   [chapter] [pagenumber]
   [\prefixedpagenumber] [{\getmarking[chapter]}]

Wolfgang