[NTG-context] tikz is not found

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Apr 24 19:15:14 CEST 2019

On Wed, 24 Apr 2019, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Gour schrieb am 24.04.2019 um 18:57:
>> That I spotted and corrected, but I'm getting another error, I suppose:
>> $ cat  mp.tex
>> \starttext
>> Lorem Ipsum…
>>
>> \startMPcode
>> draw ( (0,0)--(1,0)--(0,1)) with color red ;
> Change "with color" to "withcolor" (no space).

Here is a more detailed example that mimics the tikz code that you sent in
the other email.

\definecolor[myblue][r=0.3,g=0.3,b=1]
\definecolor[myred][r=0.6,g=0.2,b=0]

\starttext
\startMPpage
   newpair A, B, C;

   A := (-7.7, 2.75)*1cm;
   B := (0.88, 2.57)*1cm;
   C := (-3.04, -3.37)*1cm;

   newpath triangle;
   triangle := A -- B -- C -- cycle;
   fill triangle withcolor "myred" withtransparency("normal", 0.1);
   draw triangle withpen pencircle scaled 2pt
                 withcolor "myred";

   dotlabeldiam := 5pt;
   dotlabel.lft("A", A) withcolor "myblue";
   dotlabel.rt ("B", B) withcolor "myblue";
   dotlabel.bot("C", C) withcolor "myblue";

\stopMPpage
\stoptext

In ConTeXt, if you put quotes around the name of a color, it looks at the
colors defined in tex rather than colors defined in metapost. This allows
you to easily share the same colors in text and figures.

As an elegent example of this see this excellent imitation of Byrne's
Euclid:
https://github.com/jemmybutton/byrne-euclid/releases/download/0.6%2B0.3/byrne_context.pdf

(Source at https://github.com/jemmybutton/byrne-euclid)

Aditya