[NTG-context] \abovedisplayshortskip

Mikael P. Sundqvist mickep at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 15:43:59 CEST 2019

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 7:55 PM Wolfgang Schuster
<wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mikael P. Sundqvist schrieb am 20.04.2019 um 15:30:
> > On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 1:42 PM Mikael P. Sundqvist <mickep at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> is \abovedisplayshortskip inserted in formulas that come after short
> >> lines? Or is there a more ConTeXt-way to tune this? Small example file
> >> below, but I see no change after I set it, so I guess it is not used?
> >>
> >> /Mikael
> >>
> >> \starttext
> >> Foo
> >> \startformula
> >> 1+1=2
> >> \stopformula
> >>
> >> \abovedisplayshortskip = -12pt
> >>
> >> Foo
> >> \startformula
> >> 1+1=2
> >> \stopformula
> >> \stoptext
> > Bump. Nobody knows?
> ConTeXt inserts always the same vertical space before a formula
> independent of the length of the previous line.
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks Wolfgang!

Hans, is there a chance to add support for this (that seems to be
supported in TeX)?

As of now, I have defined a new type of formula which has less
vertical space above the formulas, but that is something one has to
check manually.

/Mikael