[NTG-context] using metapost library makecirc with context.

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 19 18:10:59 CEST 2019

On 4/19/2019 5:48 PM, Andrea De Michele wrote:

> I'm trying to use with Context  makecirc a metapost library to draw
> electric circuits, but I have problems with the labels of the circuits
> element that are not displayed correctly.
>
> FIRST EXAMPLE (No labels are displayed)
> -------------
> \starttext
>
> \startMPinclusions
>    input makecirc;
> \stopMPinclusions
>

> \startstaticMPfigure{circ1}
>          u:= 1cm ;
>          source.e((0,0u),DC,90,"\Delta V","2V") ;
>          resistor.a((2u,1u),normal,90,"R_1","1$\Omega$") ;
>          resistor.b((2u,-1u),normal,90,"R_2","2$\Omega$") ;
>          wire(S.e.p,R.a.r,udsq) ;
>          wire(S.e.n,R.b.l,udsq) ;
>          wire(R.a.l,R.b.r,udsq) ;
> \stopstaticMPfigure
> \usestaticMPfigure[circ1]
>
> \stoptext
I searched ctab for that library and it has soem hard wired latex stuff
in it. You can make latex.mp empty (to play safe),

Load the file with:

\startMPinclusions
     string LaTeXsetup ; LaTeXsetup := "";
     input "makecirc.mp";
     vardef latex(expr t) = textext(t) enddef ;
\stopMPinclusions

I didn't look into the details but yoru example runs then.