[NTG-context] Error concerning "pdfmapline"

Rudolf Bahr quasi at quasi.de
Thu Apr 18 20:26:08 CEST 2019

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 01:54:21PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 4/16/2019 12:04 PM, Rudolf Bahr wrote:
> > Hello All!
> >
> > Using:
> > LuaMetaTeX, Version 2.00.0
> > ConTeXt  ver: 2019.04.13 17:25 MKIV beta  fmt: 2019.4.15
> >
> > with following MWE:

> > \pdfmapline {yfrak <yfrak.pfb}
> > \definefont [ToggenburgFont][yfrak at 10pt] [.75]
> >
> > \starttext
> >
> > %\ToggenburgFont Hallo!
> > Maar had ik dit kunnen weten?
> >
> > \stoptext
> >
> > I'm getting now following errors:
> >
> > fatal error     > unsupported cs \pdfmapline
> > mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 256
> >
> > I'm using the above "\pdfmapline" command since years.
> > Now it gives an error even when it isn't used in the text.
> > "yfrak.pfb" is in the same directory.
> > Are there any hints, please?
> because it is not needed in mkiv (never really was as it was ignored) ..
> most \pdf* commands are no-ops and most will go (i need to figure out what
> the bare minimum is that tikz needs) .. they are not user commands in
> context
>
> actually, there is (as part of the typescript interface):
>
> \loadmapline
> \loadmapfile
>
> not that they are needed either
>
> Hans

Thank you for the information.

Now, for going another way in order to print Fraktur texts I downloaded various
"yfonts" from ctan [1] again and stored them in "~/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-local":

yfrak.tfm,
yfrak.mf  for instance.

"mtxrun --script fonts --reload" and
"mtxrun --script fonts --list --all --pattern=yfrak"

are in vain. The downloaded fonts aren't recognized. This is strange, because
fonts with extensions ".mf" and ".tmf" are fonts how Knuth developed them. There
are no files with other Fraktur file extensions in CTAN.

Please, how to continue with ConTeXt? I'd like to continue to use exactly the
same fonts because of a standard nature with my older Fraktur texts.

Happy Easter!
Rudolf

[1] https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/gothic/yfrak