[NTG-context] change in treating errors

Mohammad Hossein Bateni bateni at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 11:51:00 CEST 2019

Which one is better is certainly subjective :)  Maybe we could get the old
TeX-y behavior via a switch or the other way around?

Alan, allow me to disagree with your assertions, though.  Here are a few
reasons:
1) You could correct a spelling mistake on the prompt (as in original TeX),
although this is rarely done these days.
2) You could use the --nonstopmode or --batchmode to not get the prompt,
and not have the lingering background process (Mac bug?).
3) You could see a collection of errors which might help you in fixing them
altogether without having to run context again and again finding one error
at a time.  (Same thing with compiling a C/C++ code, and getting a list of
many errors at once.)
4) There are many "errors" and "warnings" that context does not stop on.
You could perhaps claim moving on from those is also useless :)  Just to
give some examples: missing modules, fonts, glyphs in fonts, etc.

So let me rephrase my original question:  Is this change in behavior
intended?  If so, is it possible to get the old behavior (specially for
nonstopmode) via some switch?

Thanks a lot,
~~MHB