[NTG-context] index entries printed over each other

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Sun Apr 14 21:56:49 CEST 2019

Am 2019-04-14 um 21:34 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com>:

> Henning Hraban Ramm schrieb am 14.04.2019 um 21:11:
>> Hi,
>> on the last page of my index, there are two entries printed over each other, see attached screenshot.
>>
>> How can this happen? Any hints how to avoid it?
>>
>> Sorry, no MWE yet, probably hard to reproduce...
>>
>> Latest, i.e. yesterday’s beta with LuaTeX; the same with the previous version.
> This can be a problem with the columns mechanism. You can try to disable balancing with
>
> \setupindex[balance=no]

Of course, I should have remembered that.

> or disable columns for the index and flush the content within a columns environment.
>
> \startmixedcolumns %[grid=no]
> \placeindex[n=1]
> \stopmixedcolumns

Both work and give the same result, thank you!
(Fortunately I don’t need balanced columns.)

Exploring the newer column modes is still on my list.

>> Also the same problem with lmtx, except that the text is garbage (I’m using Cambria.ttc).
> Fonts in ttc format will work as expected in the next release.

I saw the messages, that’s why I pointed at the font. Otherwise I would have panicked a lot ;)

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net