[NTG-context] Unwanted uppercase letter in \high{} within bibliography

Alan Braslau braslau.list at comcast.net
Fri Apr 12 17:57:41 CEST 2019

> On 12Apr19, at 02:28, Huseyin Özoguz <h.oezoguz at mmnetz.de> wrote:
>
>> As you can see, we get Ème in the output instead of ème.
>> Is this a bug, or did I miss something?

This is a consequence of command=\Word, set for titles. Try

\setupbtx [apa:list:title] [command=]

Explanation: APA specification asks for Words of the title to be capitalized. If you write your bib dataset correctly (title words capitalized), having command={\Word}, is unnecessary.

Why \Word capitalizes \high{ème} is another question - it is only so sophisticated. Indeed, I do not know if it Capitalizes a Title Correctly According to English Rules, not capitalizing articles and prepositions… Furthermore, this mania of capitalizing titles is NOT the practice in French, so I would set command=, for titles of works in French.

By the way, btx admits:

title:fr={Histoire géographie EMC 5\high{ème}, cycle 4},
title:en={Geographical History EMC 5\high{th}, 4\high{th} cycle},

to be used advantageously in multi-lingual documents or multi-lingual use of a single bibliography database.

Alan

--
Alan Braslau