[NTG-context] gnuplot-module broken under lmtx

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 10 23:49:24 CEST 2019


On 4/10/2019 4:34 PM, Christian Prim wrote:
> Hi
> 
> It's little off-topic as there are officially no modules included in 
> lmtx. But when I used the modules from a mkiv-installation, there was 
> little to no problem. But with the gnuplot-module I can't fix the error 
> myself.

not off-topic .. as modules should also work ok in lmtx

fixed in next beta (probably tommorrow an upload)

Hans

> MWE:
> \usemodule[gnuplot]
> \startGNUPLOTscript[sin]
>     plot sin(x)
> \stopGNUPLOTscript
> 
> \starttext
> \placefigure[here]{Sine Test}{\useGNUPLOTgraphic[sin]}
> \stoptext
> 
> Under mkiv everything is fine. mkiv creates a 
> file gnuplot-gnuplot-1.plt, sends this file to gnuplot and uses the 
> output gnuplot-gnuplot-1-ctx.tex.
> 
> Under lmtx only the files gnuplot-gnuplot-1.tmp 
> and gnuplot-gnuplot-inclusions.tmp are created. When I copy the correct 
> .plt file from a mkiv-run, no gnuplot-gnuplot-1-ctx.tex is generated. If 
> I copy the correct -ctx.tex file from a mkiv-run, I still get an error.
> 
> Relevant part from the logfile of a working mkiv-run:
> modules         > 'gnuplot' is loaded
> open source     > level 3, order 4, name 
> '/home/user/context/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/gnuplot/t-gnuplot.mkiv'
> loading         > Gnuplot module
> open source     > level 4, order 5, name 
> '/home/user/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/fonts/mkiv/type-imp-texgyre.mkiv'
> close source    > level 4, order 5, name 
> '/home/user/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/fonts/mkiv/type-imp-texgyre.mkiv'
> close source    > level 3, order 5, name 
> '/home/user/context/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/gnuplot/t-gnuplot.mkiv'
> fonts           > preloading latin modern fonts (second stage)
> fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize rm 12pt' is loaded
> open source     > level 3, order 6, name 'gnuplot-gnuplot-1-ctx.tex'
> close source    > level 3, order 6, name 'gnuplot-gnuplot-1-ctx.tex'
> metapost        > initializing instance 'metafun:1' using format 
> 'metafun' and method 'default'
> metapost        > loading 'metafun' as 
> '/home/user/context/tex/texmf-context/metapost/context/base/mpiv/metafun.mpiv' 
> using method 'default'
> metapost        > initializing number mode 'scaled'
> floatblocks     > '1' placed (here)
> 
> from a lmtx-run (no .plt-file and -ctx.tex given):
> 
> modules         > 'gnuplot' is loaded
> open source     > level 3, order 4, name 
> '/home/user/lmtx/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/gnuplot/t-gnuplot.mkiv'
> loading         > Gnuplot module
> open source     > level 4, order 5, name 
> '/home/user/lmtx/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/fonts/mkiv/type-imp-texgyre.mkiv'
> close source    > level 4, order 5, name 
> '/home/user/lmtx/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/fonts/mkiv/type-imp-texgyre.mkiv'
> close source    > level 3, order 5, name 
> '/home/user/lmtx/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/gnuplot/t-gnuplot.mkiv'
> fonts           > preloading latin modern fonts (second stage)
> fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize rm 12pt' is loaded
> mtxrun          |
> mtxrun          | executing: gnuplot gnuplot-gnuplot-1.plt
> mtxrun          |
> mtxrun          |
> /home/user/lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/mtxrun.lua:26166: attempt to call 
> a nil value (field 'exec')
> aaa             > mtxrun --direct gnuplot gnuplot-gnuplot-1.plt
> floatblocks     > no block given
> floatblocks     > '1' placed (here)
> 
> lmtx with given .plt and -ctx.tex-file:
> 
> modules         > 'gnuplot' is loaded
> open source     > level 3, order 4, name 
> '/home/user/lmtx/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/gnuplot/t-gnuplot.mkiv'
> loading         > Gnuplot module
> open source     > level 4, order 5, name 
> '/home/user/lmtx/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/fonts/mkiv/type-imp-texgyre.mkiv'
> close source    > level 4, order 5, name 
> '/home/user/lmtx/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/fonts/mkiv/type-imp-texgyre.mkiv'
> close source    > level 3, order 5, name 
> '/home/user/lmtx/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/gnuplot/t-gnuplot.mkiv'
> fonts           > preloading latin modern fonts (second stage)
> fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize rm 12pt' is loaded
> mtxrun          |
> mtxrun          | executing: gnuplot gnuplot-gnuplot-1.plt
> mtxrun          |
> mtxrun          |
> /home/user/lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/mtxrun.lua:26166: attempt to call 
> a nil value (field 'exec')
> aaa             > mtxrun --direct gnuplot gnuplot-gnuplot-1.plt
> open source     > level 3, order 6, name 'gnuplot-gnuplot-1-ctx.tex'
> close source    > level 3, order 6, name 'gnuplot-gnuplot-1-ctx.tex'
> metapost        > initializing instance 'metafun:1' using format 
> 'metafun' and method 'default'
> metapost        > loading 'metafun' as 
> '/home/user/lmtx/tex/texmf-context/metapost/context/base/mpiv/metafun.mpiv' 
> using method 'default'
> metapost        > initializing number mode 'scaled'
> floatblocks     > '1' placed (here)
> 
> tex error       > tex error on line 1 in file gnuplot-gnuplot-1-ctx.tex: 
> ! Undefined control sequence
> 
> <argument> \GNUPLOTfile
>               -ctx.tex
> \fourthoffivearguments #1#2#3#4#5->#4
> 
> <write> set output "\@@GNUPLOTresult
>                               "
> <inserted text>
> }\endwrite
> <argument> \shipoutscratchbox
> 
> \page_shipout_box #1->\clf_shipoutpage #1
>                                           \relax \global \setbox 
> #1\emptybox ...
> ...l.8 \stoptext
> 
> 
>   1 >>  % Written by ConTeXt terminal for GNUPLOT on: 2019-04-10 16:12 CEST
>   2     % GNUPLOT version: 5.0.5, terminal version: 1.0.0 (2011-11-05)
>   3     % See also http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Gnuplot
>   4     %
>   5     \startGNUPLOTgraphic[1]
>   6     string gnuplotversion; gnuplotversion := "5.0";
>   7     string termversion;    termversion    := "1.0";
>   8     % scaling factor, width and height of the figure
>   9     a := 1cm; w := 12.700a; h := 7.620a; % (5in, 3in)
> 10     % temporary variable for storing the path and images
> 11     save p, img, ima; path p; string img, ima;
> 
> The control sequence at the end of the top line
> of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
> misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
> spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
> and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.
> 
> mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 256
> 
> 
> Sorry, can't help more, as I don't know where the problem is.
> 
> Thanks for fixing it in time, when the modules get installed with lmtx.
> 
> Christian
> 
> ___________________________________________________________________________________
> If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the Wiki!
> 
> maillist : ntg-context at ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
> webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
> archive  : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/
> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net
> ___________________________________________________________________________________
> 


-- 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
               Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
        tel: 038 477 53 69 | www.pragma-ade.nl | www.pragma-pod.nl
-----------------------------------------------------------------


More information about the ntg-context mailing list