[NTG-context] Strange behavior in math mode: < and minus sign give leftarrow

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 10:09:31 CEST 2019

Thanks Hans for your attention!

The problem of such an usual default is also with newcomers who would not know about this feature in ConTeXt: when one writes maths one would not guess that typing an inequality like $n < -1$ would end up in $n \leftarrow 1$. And writing such inequalities is very common… while \leftarrow is used seldom in a mathematical text.
So I think having the default collapsing=1 would be more logical, and more in line with the spirit of TeX.

I hope Aditya will be convinced…

Best regards: OK