[NTG-context] SyncTeX and Skim/TeXShop

Nicola Vitacolonna nvitacolonna at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 19:23:31 CEST 2019

Hi,
is anyone using ConTeXt with Skim, or TeXShop, on macOS?

SyncTeX used to work fine with ConTeXt in both apps. Now, it seems that ConTeXt has started to generate a .synctex file rather than a .synctex.gz, and the format seems to have changed (?). As I haven’t followed recent (or perhaps not so recent) developments in this area, do you have any suggestions to make SyncTeX work again?

I am using Skim, but any PDF viewer would be fine if Skim cannot be used for the purpose any longer.

Thanks in advance,
Nicola