[NTG-context] endnotes customizing how?

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Tue Apr 9 17:51:15 CEST 2019

On 4/9/2019 11:19, Hans van der Meer wrote:
> In typesetting my endnotes with \placenotes[endnote] I seem unable to
> unfluence the text characteristics.
> I tried things like
> (1) \setupnotes[endnote][textcolor=blue]
> (2) changed fonts before the \ bgroup\bf\placenote\egroup call
> (3)
> \startsetups[setups:endnotes]
> \setupwhitespace[0pt]
> \stopsetups
> % textstyle influences endnotemarker in the text.
> \setupnote[endnote][textcommand=\hifnmarker,before=\directsetup{setups:endnotes}]
>
> (4)\setupnotes[endnote][bodyfont=italic]
>
> Where (3) made a difference in linespacing, nothing else does.
> How can one determine the text characteristics of the endnotes?
>
> dr. Hans van der Meer

Not sure exactly what you want, but if it helps, here is what I have
used. \setupnote handles the in-text reference to the note,
\setupnotation handles the note itself. The choice of SignalStyle
depends on the appearance of the chosen font's superiors, if they exist.

    \define[1]\SignalStyle{\high{\small\hairspace#1}}
    %definefontfeature         [f:su]
    %                          [sups=yes]
    %define[1]\SignalStyle{\feature[+][f:su]{\hairspace#1}}

    \setupnote     [endnote][
                               textseparator={,},
                               textstyle=\SignalStyle,
                               location=none,