[NTG-context] endnotes customizing how?

Hans van der Meer havdmeer at ziggo.nl
Tue Apr 9 17:19:29 CEST 2019

In typesetting my endnotes with \placenotes[endnote] I seem unable to unfluence the text characteristics.
I tried things like
(1) \setupnotes[endnote][textcolor=blue]
(2) changed fonts before the \ bgroup\bf\placenote\egroup call
(3)
\startsetups[setups:endnotes]
	\setupwhitespace[0pt]
\stopsetups
% textstyle influences endnotemarker in the text.
\setupnote[endnote][textcommand=\hifnmarker,before=\directsetup{setups:endnotes}]

(4) \setupnotes[endnote][bodyfont=italic]

Where (3) made a difference in linespacing, nothing else does.
How can one determine the text characteristics of the endnotes?

dr. Hans van der Meer