[NTG-context] additional space with sidebar and narrower

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Sun Apr 7 20:44:34 CEST 2019

Am 2019-03-27 um 00:06 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm <texml at fiee.net>:

> Am 2019-03-26 um 17:22 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com>:
>
>> Henning Hraban Ramm schrieb am 26.03.19 um 16:04:
>>> Thank you, I found that myself (could have written).
>>>
>>> But the problem is that there’s space introduced if I use both environments, but not if I use only one. And I didn’t find how I can avoid that.
>> Change the order of both environment and put sidebar in the narrower block.
>>
>> The reason for the extra line is that \startsidebar begins a new paragraph but \startnarrower end the lest paragraph which results in a single empty line.
>
> Thank you, that works in my MWE, but not in my real life book. (I was sure I tested that approach already...) I’ll investigate further.

I finally found out what’s the problem:

\starttext

\input tufte

\startnarrower
\startsidebar
\startparagraph
\input knuth
\stopparagraph
\stopsidebar
\stopnarrower

\input tufte

\stoptext

As soon as I use \start/stopparagraph within narrower and sidebar, there’s additional space introduced. How can I avoid that?

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net