[NTG-context] name of cache used by mkiv and lmtx

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 7 15:06:49 CEST 2019

On 4/6/2019 8:49 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Apr 2019, Alan Braslau wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 6 Apr 2019 13:46:57 -0400 (EDT)
>> Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a way to avoid that? I can, of course, set different values of
>>> TEXMFCACHE for both distributions, but does it make sense to to use a
>>> different hash (5fe67e...) for the two?
>>
>> Why do you set TEXMFCACHE
>> and not simply keep separate texmf-cache directories
>> under your lmtx and mkiv CONTEXTROOT directories?
>
> I install both mkiv and lmtx at /opt/... so that the installations can
> be shared by multiple users. TEXMFCACHE needs to be writable by the
> user, so the natural choice is to set TEXMFCACHE to $HOME/texmf-cache.

We only make an engine distinction (luatex luajittex luametatex) in the
format file not in the cache and that is because the formats can differ
but in other places the suffix makes the difference

doing that in the cache in possible but in the end i don't expect one
installation to have both engines because then we might that granularity
in more places

we have tma tmc (lua) tmb (jit) ... one option is to use tmd (or so) for
luametatex but for that we need to adapt some lua code

i'll send you something to test with