[NTG-context] How to update LMTX?

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 4 23:06:23 CEST 2019

On 4/4/2019 10:27 PM, Henri Menke wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> With ConTeXt standalone there was an easy way to update the install script and
> the distrivution using
>
>      rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .
>      sh ./first-setup.sh --context=latest --engine=luatex --modules=all --fonts=all
>
> For LMTX it seems that I have to download the zip from
> http://www.pragma-ade.nl/install.htm, extract it and then run install.sh to

first=setup.sh never changed so there was no reason to download that,
and the idea is that install.sh also is rather stable (and like
fitst-setup it also updates)

> account for possibly updated installation scripts.  Is there a resource where I
> can download the (unzipped) install script and binaries via rsync directly?

currently not, you can just rerun the install script and it will only
fetch new files (which is pretty fast) (unzipping the beta zip in
texmf-context probably works ok too but that won't update binaries)

> On another note, it seems that I can't install modules and fonts in LMTX.  When running
>
>      mtxrun --script mtx-install.lua --help
>
> I can see the options --modules and --fonts but running

for modules and fonts you have to wait till mojca has the garden up and
running (for now you can just copy the subtrees from a regular
installation)

(i don't have such a local fonts tree as my own fonts tree is way larger
and i don't want mixups)

>      bin/mtxrun --script ./bin/mtx-install.lua --update --server="..." --instance="..." --modules=all --fonts=all
>
> seems to have no effect.  How do I install modules and fonts?
see above