[NTG-context] lmtx doesn't search texmf-local

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 3 00:32:38 CEST 2019

On 4/2/2019 11:49 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Apr 2019, Henri Menke wrote:
>
>> On 3/04/19 10:19 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>>> My guess: drop the '/opt/context-lmtx/bin' from your PATH.
>>
>> That works, thank you.  Then install.sh has to be adjusted because it
>> told me to
>>
>>    export
>> PATH=/opt/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin:/opt/context-lmtx/bin:/opt/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin:...
>>

> The install.sh needs to have the /opt/context-lmtx/bin in the path
> because the install script (might) need the latest binary to work. The
> directory structure is almost similar to context standalone. So, I
> simply created a simple setuptex file to ease munging of paths.
nothing fundamental has changed in that department (nor will change
drastically unless there is a good reason for it) .. if things don't
work as expected i'll fix it of course

let me stress that, although there are changes (or pending ones) onder
the hood, most components of context will just stay as they are (why
reinvent wheels that turn smoothly)

for instance, font related code is also supposed to work with plain
which in turn means work with luatex ... the same is true for file
handling, process management etc ...

lmtx is supposed to be a drop in that context knows how to deal with,
but with a whole lot of benefits (like running a bit better on Alan's
refrigerator ... in fact, my thermostat/heating system really does run
on luatex as does other domotica stuff)

(believe it or not but i occasionally do test lmtx in a small setup
because computers don't get faster, virtualization has smaller setups,
energy consumption matters, etc. ... hobyism of course)

one can alway swonder if we keep some ideas in our sleeves .. after all,
there need to be progress occasionally ...