[NTG-context] follow up

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Tue Apr 2 17:56:57 CEST 2019

On Mon, 1 Apr 2019, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have worked furiously all day kicking-out extra code, and are pleased
> to present a lean-and-mean version of luatex with your favorite ConTeXt.
> Same good taste but only half the calories and a new name: luametatex
> and ConTeXt LMTX. No more Mk-whatever, no more dependencies for we can
> now stand on our own. Of course, good-old luatex and MkIV (as well as
> MkII) will continue to coexist and be maintained. However, now you will
> be able to run ConTeXt lmtx on your smart thermostat or on your
> refrigerator for the Internet of Things - the dawn of a new era!

I get an error when using pgfplots:

\usemodule[pgfplots]

\starttext
Hello
\stoptext

gives

tex error       > tex error on line 1 in file
/opt/luametatex/tex/texmf-modules/tex/generic/pgf/libraries/decorations/pgflibrarydecorations.pathreplacing.code.tex:
! Undefined control sequence

<write> ... set (\string \pgfplotsset {compat=\mostrecent
                                                   }).

The error is coming from the following code in
pgfplotssysgeneric.code.tex:

    \pgfplots at message{Package pgfplots notification 'compat/show suggested
version=true': document has been generated with the most recent feature
set (\string\pgfplotsset{compat=\mostrecent}).^^J}%

where \pgfplot at message is defined as:

\def\pgfplots at message#1{%
  \immediate\write16{#1}%
}%

To me, it seems like an error in pgfplots (I think that instead of
\mostrecent, the error message should use
`\pgfkeysvalueof{/pgfplots/compat/mostrecent}`) and is easily fixable by
setting `\let\mostrecent=\relax` before loading pgfplots.

What is interesting is that for some reason the error message does not
show up in ConTeXt MkIV. I couldn't make a minimal example to show the
difference between the two.

Aditya