[NTG-context] follow up

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 2 14:25:05 CEST 2019

On 4/2/2019 1:49 PM, Jeong Dal wrote:
> Dear Hans and Alan,
>
> First, thanks for your wonderful work!
> I followed your instruction to install ConTeXt LMTX.
> For the record, I wrote what I did.  Any comment is welcome to improve
> my installation.
>
> - create directory: ConTeXtLMTX
> - download install files.
> - run “sudo sh ./install.sh”
> - after a long lists, installation is done without errors.
> The following settings were used:
> server   : lmtx.contextgarden.net
> <http://lmtx.contextgarden.net>,lmtx.pragma-ade.com
> <http://lmtx.pragma-ade.com>,lmtx.pragma-ade.nl <http://lmtx.pragma-ade.nl>
>    instance : install-lmtx
>    extras   :
>    ownpath  : /Users/graph/ConTeXtLTMX
>    platform : osx-64
>
> - I copied my local files from “texmf-local” in ConTeXt MKIV and run mtxrun
> - Recently, I am using Atom as an editor. I installed “process-pallete”
> packge and create a command as following:
> source /Users/graph/ConTeXtLMTX/tex/setuptex;
> context {filePath}
> - At the first run, I got "permission denied” message.
> /Users/graph/ConTeXtLTMX/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/luametatex: Permission denied
> - So I change the permission of luametatex as 755.

hm, that should be done by the installer (Alan is on osx so maybe he knows)

> - After that I tested the sample file which is given in the installation.pdf
> - Also there is no error when I compile my file which is good in ConTeXt
> MKIV.
> - However, there is no simpleslide module. Of course, there is no
> "module/third” folder. Thus I couldn’t compile a file in screen mode.

these have to come from the garden (will be done later) ... for the
moment, just copy texmf-modules from another installation to the lmtx
tex root and regenerate the file database

> I hope that I have done it right. I have a question.
> Is it better to use"/Users/graph/ConTeXtLTMX/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/mtxrun
> --autogenerate --script context --autopdf …" instead of “context
> {filePath}"?

both work but --autogenerate will remake formats etc when needed after
an update