[NTG-context] Cascaded description

Procházka Lukáš Ing. LPr at pontex.cz
Tue Apr 2 11:38:18 CEST 2019

Hello,

I'm trying to get nested descriptions (using "tab") to form a "cascade". The result should look like:

AAA ababababababab
     ababababababab

     BBB ababababab
         ababababab

         CCC ababab
             ababab

<--> indent (margin?) of the first nested description in relation to its parent
      should equal width of parent's head (+ distance?), i.e. width of "AAA ",

     <--> indent (margin?) of the second nested description in relation to its parent
          should equal width of parent's head (+ distance?), i.e. width of "BBB ",

<------> so it should be width of "AAA " + 'width of "BBB " in total.

I'm not able to achieve this. My code so far is (and I also played with various combinations of alternative, margin, hang, indent...):

----

   \bgroup
     \setuptab[headstyle={\bold\tt},sample=123,width=fit,alternative=left]
       \starttab{abc}
         \input knuth

         \starttab{def}
           \input knuth

         \stoptab
       \stoptab
   \egroup

   \bgroup
     \setuptab[headstyle={\bold\tt},sample=123456,width=fit,alternative=hanging]
       \starttab{ghijkl}
         \input knuth

         \starttab{mnopqr}
           \input knuth

         \stoptab
       \stoptab
   \egroup
\stoptext
----

- Paragraphs of "abc" and "def": size of indentation of the paragraphs is good in relation to width of head, but paragraph "def" is not "cascaded".

- Paragraphs "ghijkl" and "mnopqr" are "cascaded" well; but width of (margin?) is any - it is not related to the width of the sample text.

So how to combine both approaches to get the desired result?

Best regards,

Lukas

Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr at pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex at pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz | IDDS: nrpt3sn | IČO: 40763439