[NTG-context] Welcome to LMTX

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 2 10:18:17 CEST 2019

On 4/2/2019 9:57 AM, Rudolf Bahr wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 01, 2019 at 04:55:11PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>       http://www.pragma-ade.nl/install.htm
>>
>> Of course you should keep your current installation too. We're sure that
>> there will be issues so when you run into unexpected surprises, you can
>> blame us ...
>
> Hello All,
>
> I run cautiously the full path
>
> /home/sam/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/mtxrun --autogenerate --script context --autopdf ABCD-Helmstedt-Lauf.tex
>
> and got:
>
> sh: 1: luametatex: not found
> mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 32512
Did you use the installer? I assume so. What happens if you just add
/home/sam/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin to your path?

There is a rather fundamental difference between a regular luatex/mkiv
setup and luametatex/lmtx:

- in lmtx we only have one program, nothing else gets installed, there
is no jit variant (and there will never be as we move on with lua: we
use lua 5.4 here)

- mtxrun and context are both (on all platforms) symlinks to luametatex
(can you check that? the installer should manage that)

- when installing there are no dependencies on other programs so missing
programs cannot be a reason for a failed install

(Mojca will set up the garden and that will then be the primary source;
the installer which is also the updater already know this.)