[NTG-context] Welcome to LMTX

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 1 16:55:11 CEST 2019

Hi all,

After more than a decade of mkiv and luatex it's time to move on to a
new stage. After all, nowadays a ten-year old program is considered to
be really old, especially for those who consider a manual typeset three
years ago as an indication of lack of progress. Therefore: welcome to
lua(meta)tex 2.00 and context lmtx, the follow up on luatex and mkiv, if
you dare. It has many deep-down changes but aims to be a simple evolution.

The average user will probably not notice many differences but
nevertheless, when you are in for something new, you can give it a try:

      http://www.pragma-ade.nl/install.htm

Of course you should keep your current installation too. We're sure that
there will be issues so when you run into unexpected surprises, you can
blame us (and fall-back on the current Context beta and luatex). Of
course with the proper mwe's (tex, metapost, lua, or a combination of
these) we will try to solve them all, we have been testing. In due time
more about this project will be revealed.

Hans Hagen & Alan Braslau