[NTG-context] optional hyphenation patterns in ancient Greek

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Mar 26 09:42:57 CET 2019

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 08:57:40PM +0100, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> I read your original message when you sent it, but the issue with that
> kind of hyphenation exceptions is that they are document-based

  No.  Why would they be restricted to a single document?

> This is why I asked for the discussion of a new pattern set.

  Well, my contribution was sent five months ago, you didn’t reply to it
until now, and since you talk about hyphenation exceptions above I
suspect you haven’t really understood it.  It doesn’t use exceptions at
all, and takes instead advantage of LuaTeX’s ability to manipulate the
pattern set on the fly.  As such, it can actually be a step towards an
entirely new pattern set, but it is of course not complete.  I am
however not prepared to put even more effort into this unless you
contribute something too yourself.

> But I didn’t know that ConTeXt doesn’t allow them. So, this has to be
> solved before a different pattern set could make sense in ConTeXt.

  This paragraph is either nonsensical or counterfactual.  I don’t
understand what you’re trying to say.

	Best,

		Arthur