[NTG-context] context --autopdf

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Wed Mar 20 17:47:35 CET 2019

Ahoi,

usually I call context with "&& open myfile.pdf" on OSX, but only today I discovered the --autopdf option.

Unfortunately it tries to call sumatra with wine, which doesn’t make a lot of sense for me  (it’s very slow, and while I have wine installed, not sumatra).

The options seem to be "auto default okular pdfxcview sumatra".

--autopdf=auto calls "open" (i.e. open with the default application, which is Acrobat). Same as my usual solution, which is nice enough.

--autopdf=default calls "pdfopen" which is installed with the other TeX binaries (didn’t know that either), but that tries to call acrobat via X11, which doesn’t make sense.

Where is this configurable, and can I add other options like Preview.app?

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net