[NTG-context] Size of itemize symbols

Wolfgang Schuster wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 08:30:59 CET 2019

Hi,

the change from a while ago to get the symbols for bullet etc. from the
text font when available
leads to where unpleasant results for a few fonts. A good example for
this are first level items
where the symbol is too symbols in my opinion which looks even worse for
smaller font sizes.

While I can understand the change to use the text font for the symbols I
miss a simple way
to switch back to the math font for the symbols, e.g. \usesymbols[math].

\starttext

\startitemize[packed]
\item First item
\item Second item
\item Third item
\stopitemize

\startitemize[packed]
\sym{\m{\bullet}} First item
\sym{\m{\bullet}} Second item
\sym{\m{\bullet}} Third item
\stopitemize

\blank

Latin Modern: \symbol[bullet] \m{\symbol[bullet]}

\setupbodyfont[pagella]

TeX Gyre Pagella: \symbol[bullet] \m{\symbol[bullet]}

\setupbodyfont[dejavu]

DejaVu Serif: \symbol[bullet] \m{\symbol[bullet]}

\stoptext

Wolfgang