[NTG-context] textext within ConTeXt

Mohammad Hossein Bateni bateni at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 18:52:53 CET 2019

Hi,

I can't understand why the following code does not work.  Could someone
help me out here?

\starttext
\startMPpage
draw textext("\convertnumber{r}{12}");
draw textext("\convertnumber{r}{" & "12" & "}");
\stopMPpage
\stoptext

The first draw statement works perfectly.  But the second one throws out
errors and complains as follows:

.....test.tex: ! Missing number, treated as zero

<to be read again>

<argument> \number "

          & "12" & "

\romannumerals #1->\clf_romannumerals \numexpr #1

                                                 \relax

<argument> ... draw textext("\convertnumber {r}{" & "12" & "}

                                                  ");

\meta_process_graphic ...currentMPformat }data {#1

                                                  ;}initializations
{\meta_f...

\page_fitting_stop_command ...eter \c!command {#1}

                                                  \page_fitting_stop_normal

Is there a workaround here?  Ultimately I want to replace "12" with a loop
variable in MetaPost.

Thanks,
~MHB