[NTG-context] TeX Live 2019: attempt to call a nil value (upvalue 'isfile')

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 12:01:37 CET 2019

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 at 08:50, luigi scarso wrote:

> $> context luatex
>  mkiv lua stats  > used platform: linux-64, type: unix, binary subtree: texmf-linux-64
> mkiv lua stats  > used engine: luatex version 1.1 with functionality level 7088, banner: this is luatex, version 1.10.0 (tex live 2019)
> mkiv lua stats  > control sequences: 53180 of 65536 + 100000
> mkiv lua stats  > lua properties: engine: lua 5.3, used memory: 441 MB (ctx: 437 MB), hash chars: min(64,40), symbol mask: utf (τεχ)
> mkiv lua stats  > runtime: 21.608 seconds, 294 processed pages, 294 shipped pages, 13.606 pages/second
> system          | total runtime: 47.547 seconds

OK, strange. It works for me in TeX Live as well after I installed the
missing dejavu fonts. I didn't imagine that it would break with such a
strange error when a font is missing though.

> ( forget the time, it's a zero-optimized binary (fast to compile))

It takes even longer for me with the binary from the distribution.

> In general: at every new release I have complains about "how deadly slow is texlive  installation".
> On the other side , some  could wonder why *DejaVu* are not installed by default regardless of  engine/scheme.

You could wonder that for all the zillions of fonts that ship with TeX Live.
Only CM is compulsory, the rest is up to user's taste.

Mojca