[NTG-context] TeX Live 2019: attempt to call a nil value (upvalue 'isfile')

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 08:50:37 CET 2019

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 8:16 AM Mojca Miklavec <
mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 at 07:39, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> > On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 at 00:14, Henri Menke wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear list,
> > >
> > > I just installed TeX Live 2019 pretest and running context --make
> fails with
> > ,
> > The latest ConTeXt has just been included yesterday and should be
> > available since today (some time after the usual nightly update cca. 5
> > hours ago + delays to finish the build and sync the mirrors).
> >
> > So please retry.
>
> Here's my attempt of compiling
> doc/context/sources/general/manuals/luatex/luatex.tex
>
> fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'dejavusansmono' is
> not found using lookup 'name'
> fonts           > defining > unknown font 'dejavusansmono', loading aborted
> fonts           > defining > unable to define 'dejavusansmono' as
> 'dejavu-10pt-tt-tf-0--0'
> ! error:  (linebreak): invalid list tail, probably missing
> gluemtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 1
>

> The first hint is that we should probably include more font
> dependencies in ConTeXt scheme. I can take care of that if you have
> further suggestions (other than dejavu).

just to be sure in my minimal with latest zip
$> context luatex
 mkiv lua stats  > used platform: linux-64, type: unix, binary subtree:
texmf-linux-64
mkiv lua stats  > used engine: luatex version 1.1 with functionality level
7088, banner: this is luatex, version 1.10.0 (tex live 2019)
mkiv lua stats  > control sequences: 53180 of 65536 + 100000
mkiv lua stats  > lua properties: engine: lua 5.3, used memory: 441 MB
(ctx: 437 MB), hash chars: min(64,40), symbol mask: utf (τεχ)
mkiv lua stats  > runtime: 21.608 seconds, 294 processed pages, 294 shipped
pages, 13.606 pages/second
system          | total runtime: 47.547 seconds

( forget the time, it's a zero-optimized binary (fast to compile))

In general: at every new release I have complains about "how deadly slow is
texlive  installation".
On the other side , some  could wonder why *DejaVu* are not installed by
default regardless of  engine/scheme.

--
luigi