[NTG-context] Distance between two Columns

Marco Patzer lists at homerow.info
Thu Feb 28 12:04:41 CET 2019

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 10:43:48 +0000
Ursula Hermann <ursula.hermann at univie.ac.at> wrote:

> I have the following example. I would like to have two columns that
> are in the distance small.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. You want to change the
distance between the columns? That can be done with:

  \setupcolumns
    [distance=2cm]

> So I have tried:
>
> \setuppapersize[A5]
> \startcolumns
> \defineframed
>    [tightframed][width=5cm,width.1\textwidth,align=right]

1. Usually you don't define stuff in the main text. That's what the
   setup area (before \starttext) if for.
2. width is specified twice
3. width.1\textwidth is not valid, an = sign is missing

> \tightframed{Small}
> \column
> \tightframed{A really really long line that is split at 5cm}

\stopcolumns is missing.

Furthermore, \start/stoptext is missing. That results in the
monospaced font. I'd write your example as follows:

\setuppapersize
  [A5]

\defineframed
  [tightframed]
  [width=5cm,
   %% width=.1\textwidth,
   align=right]

\setupcolumns
  [distance=.5cm]

\starttext

\startcolumns
  \tightframed{Small}
\column
  \tightframed{A really really long line that is split at 5cm}
\stopcolumns

\stoptext

Marco