[NTG-context] markdown module vs pandoc

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Sun Feb 24 12:17:02 CET 2019

Pablo Rodriguez <oinos at gmx.es> writes:

> the code in my private repository is unnecessarily complex for too
> narrow cases.

OK.

> I think that the most valuable feature of environment itself (the file
> 'pandoc-xhtml.tex') is the practical introduction to “Dealing with XML
> in ConTeXt” (http://pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/xml-mkiv.pdf).

Thanks a lot for that url!!

> ConTeXt only requires XML source as input to typeset it.

That's great indeed. I have tried to typeset org-mode manual with your
environment and it worked great (~500p). :-)

> The published code is fine for what you want. The latest version would
> be misleading. It is crappy in many aspects (even for myself).

Good, good...

> ConTeXt deals with XML natively.

Yeah, next steps are to learn more ConTeXt and to study that manual.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Not by merely abstaining from work can one achieve freedom
from reaction, nor by renunciation alone can one attain perfection.