[NTG-context] \setupmathematics with stylealternative not working

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 22 19:25:34 CET 2019

On 2/22/2019 9:24 AM, Henri Menke wrote:
> I can confirm.  My workaround which predates the stylealternative
> mechanism also stopped working, so there must be an issue on the level
> of font feature selection.
>
> \definefontfeature [math-text]         [math-text]         [ss04=yes]
> \definefontfeature [math-script]       [math-script]       [ss04=yes]
> \definefontfeature [math-scriptscript] [math-scriptscript] [ss04=yes]
> \setupbodyfont[lucidaot]
> \starttext
> \startTEXpage[offset=3bp]
> $\mathcal A$
> \stopTEXpage
> \stoptext
that is a nasty one ... in font-fil.mkvi : we cannot use an edef as that
makes features get lost

\def\font_basics_get_font_parameter_nop#key=#value,%
   {\if]#key%
      \font_basics_get_font_parameter_nop_finish
    \else
      \expandafter\normaldef\csname p_#key\endcsname{#value}%  % no edef
as we need to keep \mathsizesuffix
      \expandafter\font_basics_get_font_parameter_nop
    \fi}

\def\font_basics_get_font_parameter_yes#key=#value,%
   {\if]#key%
      \font_basics_get_font_parameter_yes_finish
    \else
      \expandafter\normaldef\csname p_#key\endcsname{#value}%  % no edef
as we need to keep \mathsizesuffix
      \expandafter\font_basics_get_font_parameter_yes
    \fi}

but even then, the official way to trigger such features is

\setupmathematics[stylealternative=calligraphic]