[NTG-context] markdown module vs pandoc

Gour gour at atmarama.com
Thu Feb 21 21:59:00 CET 2019

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 18:50:41 +0100
Pablo Rodriguez <oinos at gmx.es> wrote:

> sorry for my delayed reply.

No problem - there is no rush here. ;)

> I’m still behind the environment itself, although I realized that
> these may not be relevant to everybody. I store the new commits in a
> private repository.

Aha...I believe I might be interested. :-)

> I use the XML handling (generating the XHTML with pandoc) in ConTeXt
> for almost all the documents I compile with ConTeXt. I think this is
> the way to go.

I admit it sounds/looks very good. Morever, it could allow me to e.g. use
org-mode for my original markup which I use anyway with Emacs and then do
org-mode --> XHTML.

> My environment is only an example. You may write another one for your
> own needs, you don’t have to use mine.

Heh, for that I must learn some things first. :-)

> There are other options, but LaTeX is a real problem for the
> development of pandoc, because many times users expect pandoc as a
> layer that spares them the actual dealing with LaTeX.

ConTeXt is certainly more appealing..

> But this is only my personal opinion. I hope it might help.

Thanks you very much!

Sincerely,
Gour

--
It is far better to discharge one's prescribed duties, even though
faultily, than another's duties perfectly. Destruction in the course