[NTG-context] A strange request...

Wolfgang Schuster wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 17:52:38 CET 2019

Willi Egger schrieb am 20.02.19 um 17:23:
> Hi all,
>
> I am siting with a project of making a “dwarsligger”, you know these books, printed on bible-thin-printing paper, which are about  12 x 8 cm. One opens them while holding them ‘landscape’ with the spine on the top…
>
> Now there is of course a little struggle with the page numbering. The reading page consists out of the even page together with the following uneven page. It is easy to print on the uneven page a page number, however this will result in uneven page numbers only throughout the book.
>
> My question is, whether there is an algorithm to print page numbers as follows:
>

> 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 (this is the ordinary numbering)
> 1     2     3     4     5 (this is the requested numbering)
>
> Does someone have an idea how to solve this?

Variant 1:

\setuppapersize[A5,landscape]

\setuppagenumbering[location=none]

\startsetups [pagenumber]
   \doifoddpageelse
     {\cldcontext{"\letterpercent d",(\pagenumber+1)/2}}
	{}
\stopsetups

\setupheadertexts [\directsetup{pagenumber}]

\starttext
\dorecurse{10}{\samplefile{knuth}}
\stoptext

Variant 2:

\defineexpandable[1]\DwarsliggerNumber
   {\cldcontext{"\letterpercent d",(#1+1)/2}}

\defineconversion [dwarsligger] [\DwarsliggerNumber]

\setuppapersize[A5,landscape]

\setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=dwarsligger]

\setuppagenumbering[location=none]

\setupheadertexts [\doifoddpageelse{\prefixedpagenumber}{}]

\starttext
\dorecurse{10}{\samplefile{knuth}}
\stoptext

Wolfgang