[NTG-context] Mapping TABLE to xtable (module "ntb-to-xtb") doesn't recognize "c" option for columns

Procházka Lukáš Ing. LPr at pontex.cz
Wed Feb 20 09:06:27 CET 2019

Hello,

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 21:35:41 +0100, Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Procházka Lukáš Ing. schrieb am 19.02.19 um 21:27:
>> Hello,
>>
>> it seems that xtable setup doesn't recognize the "c" option, which is
>> recognized successfully by TABLE setup;
>> tested on mapping provided by "ntb-to-xtb" module:
>>
>> ----
>> \usemodule[ntb-to-xtb] \restoreTABLEfromxtable
>>
>> \starttext
>>   \bTABLE
>>     \setupTABLE[c][1][width=1in] % Set 1st column width - OK with TABLE
>>     \bTR
>>       \bTD A
>>       \eTD
>>     \eTR
>>   \eTABLE
>>
>>   \bgroup
>>     \mapTABLEtoxtable
>>     \bTABLE
>>       \setupTABLE[c][1][width=1in] % <- This line causes error - not
>> recognized by xtable setup
>
> xtables don’t support row/column settings like natural table and the
> mapping doesn’t change this.
>
> Wolfgang

as column setup for TABLEs by "\setupTABLE[c][1][width=1in]" is handy and is used frequently, would it be possible to provide identical mechanism for xtables?

 From what I read in the manual, setting width of a column for xtable is provided by \startxcell[width=...] at the place of the first cell-in-that-column usage.

Moreover, when xtable is built in two passes, in the first pass it might take a column (width) specification(s), if provided, and keep on reading xcell specification(s), considering xcell width, if provided.

I guess to be handy to implement both \setupTABLE[c][...] and \setupxtable[c][...] in a similar way, especially when there is a simple mechanism which allows TABLE/xtable switching (ntb-to-xtb module).

Best regards,

Lukas

Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr at pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex at pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz | IDDS: nrpt3sn | IČO: 40763439