[NTG-context] xtable and natural tables

Damien Thiriet damien at thiriet.web4me.fr
Tue Feb 19 20:52:24 CET 2019

Hi list,

>From Hans xtable manual:

As each cell is basically a \framed and as we need to do two passes over
the table, this mechanism is not
the fastest but it is some two times faster than the natural tables
mechanism, and in most cases can be used instead.

Manuals examples are of course short ones, but I understand this
mechanism is faster even on tables that do not expand on more than one
page.
Does this mean, that extreme tables should now be considered as the
recommended way to build tables?
Are there simple cases, when natural tables should be obviously
preferred?

Thanks,

Damien Thiriet