[NTG-context] degrade module

Alan Braslau braslau.list at comcast.net
Mon Feb 18 16:25:05 CET 2019

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 10:13:20 +0100
Marco Patzer <lists at homerow.info> wrote:

> Yes. I didn't put much thought into it and assumed there is a better
> solution.

My working solution is to put figures in subdirectories by resolution,
that is externally, once and for all, using whatever is your favorite tool
to "degrade" pixel resolution to whatever value one desires, then setting
global macro (\FigRes) to this subdirectory name.

So, for example,

\def\FigRes{300/}

\externalfigure [\FigRes MyFigureName]

I do this as I have *very* high resolution images as my source
(also high resolution "depth", i.e. 16 bit) and it makes no sense
to include these as is in my documents.

It's very robust.

Alan