[NTG-context] degrade module

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 14 21:44:31 CET 2019

On 2/14/2019 9:32 PM, Peter M√ľnster wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14 2019, Lutz Haseloff wrote:
>
>> I wanted to use the degrade module with recent ConTeXt and LuaTeX.
>
> Hi Lutz,
>
> Could you please check, if the module grph-downsample.lua could fit your
> needs?
>

>> The minimal example from the degrade manual gives an error.
>> See the attached log.
>> Is there any chance to get the module working again?
>
> There is always a chance. The question is just: who will afford the
> efforts...
> Please check first the downsample module, and then let's see, if you
> still need this very old and hackish degrade module.
you can plug in code

\startluacode

figures.converters["png"]["lowres.png"] =
function(oldname,newname,resolution)
     os.execute(string.format('gm convert "%s" "%s"',oldname,newname))
end

figures.converters["jpg"]["lowres.jpg"] =
function(oldname,newname,resolution)
     os.execute(string.format('gm convert "%s" "%s"',oldname,newname))
end

-- figures.suffixes["lowres.png"] = figures.suffixes.png -- suffix is
automatically done

\stopluacode
\enabletrackers[graphics*]

\starttext
     \externalfigure[t:/sources/mill.png][conversion=lowres.png]
     \externalfigure[t:/sources/hacker.jpg][conversion=lowres.jpg]