[NTG-context] Bug in math: version

Alan Braslau braslau.list at comcast.net
Wed Feb 13 19:12:53 CET 2019

Not just the latest beta ... and indeed according to the TeXbook this should be a vertical double bar (\Vert), in math mode.

I wish to point out that | in text font (text mode) is different from | in math font (math mode). I noticed that Preview (on the mac) *fails* to render the math font $|$ whereas \| in text mode does get rendered in Preview or printed from Preview (my document used dejavu fonts). Other pdf renderers on the mac (acroread, mupdf, evince, ...) are OK. This is clearly a bug in Preview.

How, other then \|, should one produce | in *text* mode?

Alan