[NTG-context] problem with non-printing hex 0x0C

martin martin.althoff at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 21:28:35 CET 2019

I had a problem that kept me busy for a few hours. A \page command had
no effect, the text just continued in the pdf.

The culprid turned out to be a hex 0x0C, a formfeed character. Once I
removed them all was good. It got introduced by extracting the text from
a PDF.

I realize my files should be "clean" of control characters and ConTexT
should (maybe) not be stripping those characters. Then again, they serve
no purpose in the document. So...

My question: Isn't some more resilience sensible so commands don't
break? Or error messages?

cheers and thanks for any thoughts.
Martin

For the record:

ConTeXt  ver: 2019.01.28 16:58 MKIV beta  fmt: 2019.2.4  int:
english/english

I'm not sure if the FF makes it through the mail. A hex editor
will/would show it in front of the \page (sheer coincidence)

\starttext

\startitemize[columns]
\item auf \hl[6]~  Baum
\stopitemize

\page

1. Der Bauer sitzt auf  \hl[6]~  Traktor.