[NTG-context] setupdirections RTL bug

Mohammad Hossein Bateni bateni at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 00:36:43 CET 2019

Hello,

This is perhaps *related* to what Alan Bowen reported.  Not the same, since
I don't get compilation errors.

Here's a MWE.  See explanation of bad behavior below.

\setupdirections[bidi=global,method=one]

\definefont[Ar][dejavusans*arabic]

\setupfootertexts[\setups{L}][\setups{R}]

\startsetups L

%\setupdirections[bidi=on,method=one]

%\setupdirections[bidi=local,method=one]

\Ar%left

چپ

\stopsetups

\startsetups R

%\setupdirections[bidi=on,method=one]

\Ar%right

راست

\stopsetups

\starttext

Test

\stoptext

1. The right footer is placed over the left footer.
2. There's no problem if I replace the RTL text of right footer with an LTR
text.
3. Left footer's text does not get proper RTL treatment.  Perhaps *this* is
the change of behavior introduced in the past year.  My guess is that RTLed
footers are moved to the other side.
4. If I use bidi=local or bidi=on in the preamble, RTL treatment is applied
to neither footer.  I can't seem to turn on RTL via setupdirections inside
the (left) footer.  How does one do that?

Thanks,
MHB