[NTG-context] New logo proposal

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Wed Jan 30 21:11:48 CET 2019

Am 2019-01-30 um 14:00 schrieb Paul Schalck <schickele at web.de>:

> @Floris vM: I'm glad that my nemesis on the matter felt himself challenged to make his own proposal. While I think it's too minimalistic (only insiders know what 'CTX' stands for), I like your idea of the subscript 'T'. Your concept with the crosses reminded me of the visual identity of Amsterdam. I do not see, however, how it reflects better "typesetting beautiful readable typography". And it lacks some colors ,-)

You don’t need to understand the signs of a good logo (see e.g. Deutsche Bank).

Floris’ proposal is clear and looks like math, that’s TeX-y enough IMO.

Every good logo works without color, even if there is a color version.

Myself, I suggest a Dodo as mascot. (Save the \dodo !)

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net