[NTG-context] New logo proposal

Paul Schalck schickele at web.de
Tue Jan 29 19:58:40 CET 2019

Hello,

thanks for your feedback. Again, I don't want to impose or dismiss anything. I wanted to share this because I believed somebody else in the ConTeXt community could be interested.

@Taco: Actually, I stumbled upon the nice ConTeXt group logo recently and was wondering who made it. To answer your questions: I tried to avoid any logic or rainbow-type color sequence to create something more unique. The first square had to be in blue and the middle area in a warm color. (I played around a lot with the color combinations.) Regarding the outside circle: I tried different variations, with and without a surrounding circle or round background, with and without rounded squares, and was most pleased with this solution. It's true, "clean and simple" can easily lead to "too informal".

@Clyde J: Valid point. I use the logotype with the subscript 'E' whenever I can in inline text.

@Floris vM: Font, spacing, overall appealingness. No Helvetica/Nimbus Sans, which has less meaning to me for ConTeXt than a DIN-ish/technical one. Colors are fun. If you don't see it this way, it's perfectly fine.

@Alan B: I've uploaded MetaPost files of the main version.

Yes, the horizontal version is not very exciting nor very TeX-aware. I made this one primarily because I wanted something small for a little GUI script. Now I think it's just superfluous.

Greetings!

Paul