[NTG-context] Issue with the latest beta of context standalone

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 17:53:59 CET 2019

> On 27 Jan 2019, at 17:30, Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com <mailto:wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> […]
> 1. You don’t have to remake the format for patches in cont-new.mkiv because the file is loaded at runtime.
>
> 2. The patch works and I get “2019 januari 27” with your example.

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for the clarification about cont-new.mkiv.
The corrected cont-new.mkiv begins with

\unprotect

\def\syst_converters_check_date
 {\edef\temp{\systemparameter\c!d}\scratchcounterone \ifx\temp\empty\normalday  \else\temp\fi
  \edef\temp{\systemparameter\c!m}\scratchcountertwo \ifx\temp\empty\normalmonth\else\temp\fi
\edef\temp{\systemparameter\c!y}\scratchcounterthree\ifx\temp\empty\normalyear \else\temp\fi}

\writestatus\m!system{beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.mkiv}

However I still get the wrong date with the example I sent, and Fabrice's example with \mainlanguage[fr], as well as with \mainlanguage[nl], gives an incorrect result (even though the result is correct with \mainlanguage[en]).

Best regards: OK